19 May 2022

Two Poems by BCAB

Kiyhun

 
Have u seen the sun light yet today?
mind blowing
        A sobering look,
        in its thousands of photos
(All-American),
        how it gives this world of busted brackets
exclusive to THOUSANDS of children
why?

I mean why am I human?
There’s an actual crisis this time around,

this dude puts me under and says
I’m just going to enjoy my way through life
for I enjoy kihyun’s hypocrisy (he repeated this)
hypocrisy hypocrisy hypocrisy
But this sucks. A magician tried to hypnotize me!

I’ve had enough. So this morning
I stood up
for Texas, and America,
and most of all
the Sonic fanbase
our team that clearly didn’t play to its full potential.

yes it’s true,

        I am a human

but the crisis ends

            only
    if a magician can really hypnotize me

put me under and teach me to say
it is all sober‒and at the lake you can swim
so the sun can rise to say
    it is true: I am an unlockable character

 
 
Guitar-shaped Forest
 
 
I met Money one day and I said: “You are CEO of Google,
Sundar Pichai. It’s World War 11 and
This is a hydrogen bomb.”
While I am dreaming, schools are shut
and teachers read lessons on the radio:

This Dad shaved his head
A storm washed this puffer fish away
This Man Planted Guitar-Shaped Forest

That is a good idea.
We should plant various fruit trees on city sidewalks
and everyone (including the homeless)
would eat all year. It could last lifetimes.

I won an award for suggesting that
students should focus our sculpture into scrap:
that there are stones to be broken. There are stones in Romania,
for instance, which grow or multiply 3D portraits
from DNA found on cigarette butts.
It’s the only thing on earth with this capacity.